The Snack List:
As we approach a weekend away, the snack choices for the weekend are always top priority. Typically, we are looking for things that are easy to grab and will fuel my dancer during breaks in between breakfast, lunch and dinner. For those of you who have attended dance competitions, you know how long it can be between meals depending on what your schedule is for the day.
Prior to each dance competition and convention, my dancer and I discuss the snack list for the upcoming weekend. We have some tried and true treats that we enjoy, but try to make sure there are some healthier options in the mix as well. I usually include individually packaged items and will combine similar items in sandwich bags if necessary.
I saw this great idea on Pinterest and thought it was too good not to share. A Mom from the disboards (Disney Boards) shared this idea and photo. If you have ever talked to a die hard Disney fan, then you know, they are a wealth of knowledge on travel and Disney. She used a tackle box to store a variety of snack options. So smart.
Why I Like This:
1. You can adjust the slots to be as big or small as you would like to accommodate the amount of snacks and serving sizes you would like.
2. Treats and healthy items are right there together. For example, your dancer could easily grab a couple of M&M’s and some granola.
3. If you have more than one dancer, they could each have a box which would alleviate the: “She ate the last xyz snack and I wanted to have it”.
Things To Consider:
1. Make sure the lid and the walls are secure. Otherwise, you could end up with a snack disaster with all items mixing together.
2. For younger dancers, parents may need to assist with holding the tackle box and distributing snacks.
Looking for snack ideas? Check out our post on Healthy Snack Options For Dance Recitals and Competitions.
What are your favorite snacks to pack for weekends away?Pin It