- 1 Broiler/Fryer Chicken (3.5 - 4 lbs)
- 2 TBS Paprika
- 2 TBS Garlic Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Water
- Remove neck and giblets from chicken. Rinse chicken and set aside.
- Combine seasonings in a small bowl.
- Add water to seasonings and stir to create a paste.
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Place chicken in slow cooker breast side up.
- Coat the inside and outside of chicken with the paste.
- Cover and cook on low 6 - 7 hours or on high 3/5 - 4.5 hours.
- The thickest part of the thigh should be 180 degrees when done.
This slow cooker rotisserie chicken recipe has become one of my favorite recipes for busy nights when the children have activities. Everyone in the family likes it too which is always a plus! It is a great addition to a big salad or as a meal with Rice Pilaf and some veggies.
Recipe From: Busy Mommy