This Tomato Basil Bowtie Pasta recipe is a family favorite. The original recipe came from a school cookbook a friend had given to me. I made a few changes and it has been a hit. It is perfect for those busy nights when you don’t have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen. Also, on nights when my dancer eats dinner at the dance studio, this is easy to pack, keep cold and eat when she is ready.
Tomato Basil Bowtie Pasta
- 4 tomatoes (4 cups)
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, cut in thin slices
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 2 TBS Red Wine Vinegar
- 4 - 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 12 oz bow tie pasta, cooked and drained
- Dash ground pepper
- Feta Cheese
- In a large bowl, combine first 6 ingredients.
- Add cooked bow tie pasta and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle with pepper.
- Sprinkle with Feta Cheese
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Note: After I combine the first 6 ingredients, I prefer to let them sit in the refrigerator for a while so the flavor of the basil is really enhanced.
Also, if everyone is not a fan of Feta Cheese, simply put it in a dish to the side and each person can sprinkle the cheese themselves. Either way, the recipe is delicious.