Songs for End of the Year Slideshows

It is hard to believe, but the end of the dance year is quickly approaching and the search for the perfect music to go along with pictures and videos from the past year, is on.  Looking for songs for end of the year slideshows?  Listed below are a variety of songs that will allow you to define the tone of your slideshow – upbeat and happy, slightly sad and reflective or a mix of both.

Slideshow Song List

Listen to playlist in iTunes…

YDD is proud to be an iTunes affiliate.  All song links open in iTunes.

A Friend Like You – The Fresh Beat Band

It’s Our Time – Marty Casey

Just Dance – Lady Gaga & Colby O’Donis

Just the Way You Are – Bruno Mars

Lean On Me – Club Nouveau

Let Them Be Little – Billy Dean

Let’s Get Loud – Jennifer Lopez

Little Wonders – Meet the Robinsons (Soundtrack from the Motion Picture)

My Wish – Rascal Flatts

Never Grow Up – Taylor Swift

No Boundaries – Kris Allen

On the Floor (CCW Radio Mix)  [feat. Pitbull] – Jennifer Lopez

Party Rock Anthem (feat. Lauren Bennett & GoonRock) – LMFAO

Run the World (Girls) – Beyonce

Shooting Star – Owl City

Smile – Uncle Kracker

Something to Dance For – Zendaya

So Long – Zooey Deschanel & M. Ward

Sunrise Sunset – Sex and the City 2 (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)

The One Who Knows – Dar Williams

The Time (Dirty Bit) – Black Eyed Peas

The Time of My Life – David Cook

This Is the Time – Billy Joel

Time of Our Lives – Tyrone Wells

Tiny Dancer – Elton John

Unwritten – Natasha Bedingfield

We Are Family – Sister Sledge

We Are Family – Rhino Hi-Five

We Go Together – Grease (Soundtrack from the Motion Picture)

We Will Not Grow Old – Lenka

What A Wonderful World – Louis Armstrong

You’ve Got a Friend – James Taylor

Listen to playlist in iTunes…

Your Daily Dance is an iTunes affiliate.  All links open in iTunes.

Pin It

Comments

1. Sara says

I would also highly suggest “Time of Our Lives” by Tyrone Wells if you’re looking for something emotional. I used it for a soccer video and everyone wanted to know what the song was so they could use it for other projects. It’s available through itunes and Amazon.com for purchase.

• J- says

Thank you for your recommendation – what a beautiful song. I have added it to the list! Thanks again.

2. Fran says

Thanks for all the great suggestions. I make a slide show for all my first grade parents at the end of the year. I end with “From This Moment”. Emotional but leaving first grade is….

• J- says

You are welcome! Love that song and yes, my youngest is going into second grade – each year is a new journey! Thanks for stopping by.

3. Angie says

Great list! My favorite songs to put on my end of the year DVD include: My Wish by Rascal Flatts, Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwo’ole or Jason Castro, I Wish Everyday Could Be Like Christmas by Bon Jovi, I Hope You Dance by Martina McBride, Let Them Be Little by Rascal Flatts, Walking On Sunshine by Katrina and the Waves, You’ve Got a Friend in Me by Randy Newman, It’s a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong.

4. Barb Klingbeil says

I always end with “The Graduation Song” by Vitamin C and I teach my students the chores! :)

5. Kathryn says

Two I used for our elementary slide show were We’re Going to Be Friends and My Own Two Hands by Jack Johnson from the Curious George soundtrack. They were great!

• J- says

Love both of those songs – and you can never go wrong with Jack Johnson! Thank you for stopping by!

6. Allison says

Great list!!!! One of my all time favorite songs even when I graduated a LONG time ago was “Friends” ( friends are friends forever) by Steven Curtis Chapman. Makes me cry and smile all at the same time! I know it’s old but it’s such a great song!

7. Ariel Evans says

I used “Great Day” and “A Friend Like You” both by The Fresh Beat Band (Nick Jr) for my end of the school year slideshow for my Kindergarten students. :) It worked really well for what we made. :)

8. AK says

I reccomend “Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)” by Green Day, also the theme song from F.R.I.E.N.D.S would be a great one to use!

• J- says

Yes, Good Riddance is a good one. I will have to listen to the theme song from F.R.I.E.N.D.S – it has been a while since I have heard it. Thank you for your suggestions!

9. Anne says

A couple other great ones are “Lean on Me”(Kid Rock and Cheryl Crow version) and “You’ve Got a Friend in Me” (Toy Story)…

10. Michele says

I love the ideas, but aren’t there copyright problems if you use the songs in a DVD to give to parents at the end of the year?

• YDD says

Thanks for stopping by. Copyright is a very important issue. If you are asking about copyright for school classrooms, consult the staff at your school for information on this. I have read a bit tonight and it appears music played in the classroom for educational purposes is exempt from copyright, but putting together a slideshow and distributing cd’s to the class would not be. Again, check with your schools administrators for details on this. I would imagine if you put a slideshow together for the end of the year and tied it in with an end of the year lesson, it could work.

As for dance teachers, they purchase licenses so they may play music. There is a wonderful article detailing how this works at The Dance Buzz.

11. Jess says

Great list! Here are some others I’ve used:
    The Climb-Miley Cyrus
    No Boundaries- Kris Allen
    Home-Phillip Phillips
    Unwritten- Natasha Beddingfield

• YDD says

Thank you! I imagine Home will become even more popular from all of the air play it has received on the Olympics. Such a great song.

12. Jackie Sandel says

I have one more to add…Rod Stewart singing “Forever Young”. All my kids had that played at pre-K to K graduation….cried, cried, cried

• YDD says

Love that song Jackie. There is also another song called Forever Young by Lisbeth Scott that is really sweet. I am adding the link above. Thank you for stopping by!

13. Samantha says

My daughter’s kindergarten teacher used “The World’s Greatest” by R. Kelly. I get goosebumps when I hear it now :)

14. judi says

This is so great!! I have a few that I like, but our teck department says we can’t make copies for our parents without owner permission (copywrite laws). Do you make copies for parents? If you do how do you handle copywrite?

Thanks

• YDD says

Hi Judi!

I am not a teacher so I am not in the situation to distribute CDs to a class, but one year, my daughter’s teacher made an adorable slideshow for the class with music. The parents and children got to watch it at an end of year celebration. Each family received a cd with the pictures from the slideshow, but without music. It was still a great keepsake. She had captured so many wonderful moments that most parents don’t get to see. Hope this helps!

• YDD says

Great song Susie! Thank you so much for sharing. It’s always great to find new music and new (at least to me) artists to support. I will get the song added to the list. :)

15. says

I just made one for my Girl Scout Troop last year and added “We Can Change the World” by Bridgit Mendler from Disney’s Friends for Change.

16. Ashleigh says

Last year, I heard a senior sing “You’re Gonna Miss This” by Trace Adkins at our final show choir concert, and I almost cried. Also, “Seasons of Love” from Rent is a song we use every year to say goodbye to the seniors.

17. kathy says

(Part of your) History by Blue Merle
    Once you hear this song, you will use it in every slide show ever
    OR from Pictures and Sound “Forever to Reach”

• YDD says

Thank you for stopping by Kathy. Looking forward to checking out that song. That is a new one to me. Thank you for sharing.

18. Lizzette Goyne says

My daughter’s kindergarten teacher used “I Will Always Love You” by Whitney Houston. I still get tearful every time I hear it ! ( 13 years later! Lol.)

19. Maureen says

Here’s the playlist for our slideshow:
    Here Comes the Sun – The Beatles
    I’m On My Way – The Proclaimers
    Walking on Sunshine – Katrina & the Waves
    Home – Phillip Phillips
    Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) – Green Day
    What a Wonderful World – Louis Armstrong
    Send Me on My Way – Rusted Root

It makes me smile, tear up, and smile again.

20. cara says

Definitely “We are going to be friends” by Jack Johnson (PERFECT for elementary kids)! Also, “Somewhere over the rainbow”!

21. Kellie says

Can you please tell me where to get music from if I don’t want to purchase the cd? I made a picture cd for my students two years ago and purchased the music from iTunes, but when I went to play the cd with music for the kids the music wouldn’t play. I called iTunes and they said that the music would only play on the device that I downloaded the music on. I was so upset after spending all of the time to make the CDs for the kids that I haven’t tried it the past couple of years. Thanks for any guidance you can provide. :*}

22. Dee says

My kids love “I Believe” by Yolanda Adams. We used it in our graduation slideshow, and they still sing it all the time